On the far northwestern tip of the Greek island of Crete lies Balos Beach—accessible only by boat or a long hike, its pristine white sand and gem-colored Mediterranean waters provide the most beautifully isolated seaside spot to soak up the sun.
This bathing suit cover-up is my wearable homage to this amazing beach. The zig-zag lace pattern is a nod to Crete’s ancient Minoans, while the white and blue fabric mirrors the colors of sand and sea. Throw this cover-up over your suit after a long day at the beach for a little extra coverage, a smidge of modesty, or just as a fashion statement.
The drawstring waist can be placed at whatever height is flattering for your body type, and the pattern can be easily modified to make the hem higher or lower, depending on how much leg you want to show.
- Cost: Starts at $5.99
- Pattern Type: Accessories, Cover-Ups
- Needle Size: 6 mm - US Size 10
- Published: April 2011
- Yardage: 828-1449 yds.
- Sizes: XS, S, M L, 1X, 2X, 3X
- Measurements: Hip circumference 33.25, 36.75, 40, 43.25, 46.75, 53.25, 56.75 inches
- Original Publisher: Nocturnal Knits
- Recommended Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton-Ease